For Young Adults (20s/30s)
Are you in your 20s or 30s?
Young adults are part of every facet of parish life at St. Stephen's, and you are always welcome at any worship service, adult education opportunity or social event—membership is NOT required. You (and your friends and family) are always welcome here. Single or married, with children or not, in school or not--all are welcome.
Some activities and ministries at St. Stephen's are designed especially for young adults, including a young adult Bible study group, social gatherings, retreats, and outreach and volunteer opportunities. The best way to keep up with what young adults are doing at St. Stephen's is to sign up for our e-newsletter. You are also invited to attend planning meetings, where young adults work with the Weston Mathews, one of our clergy, and other staff to brainstorm and plan offerings for the coming months. The announcement of these periodic meetings is included in our emails; you can sign up to receive them here, or text STSTEPHENSRVA to 22828.
Unless specified otherwise, you don't need to sign up for our offerings. Just come. Feel free to bring friends. (Not sure whether you can bring your children to a particular event? Just ask.)
Examples of events planned especially for young adults include:
- Thirdsday (so-called because it takes place on the third Thursday of each month), a gathering at a local restaurant or bar;
- outreach projects such as preparing holiday food boxes for families in need;
- serving on a volunteer cooking team for our Sunday Community Supper;
- participating in a Bible study group;
- attending a baseball game together;
- going to one of our Sunday evening services and supper as a group;
- taking part in the parish weekend at Shrine Mont in June;
- going to someone's house for an informal Christmas party and taking part in "Yankee Swap" or a White Elephant gift exchange.
Again, these are just examples. If you have ideas--or questions--please be in touch.
Young Adult newsletter
Sign up here, or text STSTEPHENSRVA to 22828.
The Rev. Weston Mathews, Associate Rector // 804.288.2867 // email