St. Stephen's is a vibrant parish that offers worship, prayer and more seven days a week. Sunday, of course, is our big day. You are most welcome at any of the services held here.
Sunday Worship (summer schedule begins May 27)
*indicates child care available through age 4
- 8:00 a.m., Holy Eucharist: Rite One
- 9:00 a.m., Holy Eucharist: Rite Two*
- 11:15 a.m., Holy Eucharist, Rite Two*
- 5:30 p.m., Celtic Evensong and Communion*
- 6:30 p.m., Sunday Community Supper
- 8:00 p.m., Compline
- 8:10 a.m., Morning Prayer with Communion
- 5:30 p.m., Evening Prayer (on Wednesdays during the academic year, this service includes the Virginia Girls Choir)
- 5:30 p.m., Holy Eucharist: Rite Two
There are several entrances to the church and parish house that are designed to be accessible to those with mobility issues or other physical limitations:
All entrances to the church, and the main entrance to the parish house, are equipped with power-assist doors. In addition, the main entrance to the parish house, from the large parking lot, has an elevator on the ground floor that allows you to bypass the steps. The Grove Avenue entrance to the main church is gently sloped, without steps, and the Three Chopt Road entrance has a ramp.
Inside the church, several pews are shortened to allow space for a wheelchair or walker: the first pews on either side of the center aisle, nearest the altar, and the pews near the large baptismal font.
The church is equipped with assistive hearing devices for the hearing-impaired. Please ask an usher for one of these devices as you enter the church.